Wednesday, January 9, 2008

About Me

I am a frustrated writer and a frustrated believer. Hence, this blog. I am not very good at either preoccupation. Sometimes I can fool myself into thinking something I've written has a certain pulse to it, or at times I'm close to some kind of connection with the "soul" or "God", but the critic in me says I just like seeing my words in print, and the cynic in me says I'm just trying to sleep all the way through the night.

I started this page last Lent so I could share some items about spiritual matters, not necessarily related to an organized religion or sect, away from my regular "How Clever Am I?" blog. More importantly, I was hoping to find, among these postings, things to believe in, some answers to the series of questions that inhabit my spiritual life.Instead, I've become some kind of cyber-editor, more concerned with the process rather than the substance.

With another Lent fast approaching, I'm going to pare down this blog, and begin asking myself some tough questions. You're welcome to accompany me and, as always, comment on entries. Please explore my other blogs as well as the other links I've posted on this page.


No comments: